Assistant Professor, School of Nursing
Teaching & Learning Research Interests:
- PBL within large groups
- Simulation learning
- Educational psychology – specifically learner engagement
- Affective engagement in the clinical learning environment
Publications & Presentations
Select Teaching & Learning Research Publications & Presentations:
A selection of titles is provided below. Full citations available on request.
- Utilizing simulation as an educational tool for the classroom.
- Enhancing reality in simulation by mixing typologies: The use of a standardized patient in a high-fidelity scenario.
- Immersive High-Fidelity Simulation: An innovative interprofessional approach to linking academia and practice.
- Enhancing clinical practice: Using patient simulators in undergraduate nursing curricula.
- Simulation technology in health science education: An interdisciplinary demonstration in human patient simulation.
- Enhancing PBL with simulation: Is this really new?
- Can simulation enhance learning?
- Clinical teaching: Making evaluation meaningful.
- Preceptor’s empowering behaviours and nursing students’ self-efficacy.
- Facilitating clinical learning: The role of the tutor.