To provide leadership in teaching and learning by encouraging, supporting and collaborating with the teaching community in the scholarly exploration, implementation, evaluation and dissemination of teaching and learning practices. CLL activities include both general and discipline-specific approaches to the promotion of successful learning in all its forms and contexts.
- collegiality and collaboration;
- ethical, evidence-informed practice; and ,
- innovation and adaptability.
These values contribute to a unit that is proactive and responsive to the needs of the McMaster University teaching and learning community
The Vision 2015
To be recognized as Canada’s premier teaching and learning centre at a research-intensive university.
In order to achieve this vision, members of the CLL staff have identified three vision drivers:
- productive advocacy for teaching and learning;
- enhanced learning through effective use of technology; and,
- effective organization & sustainable practice.