The 3M Teaching Fellowships are open to over 33,000 Canadian university educators, regardless of discipline or level of appointment. Up to ten awards are given each year. They are intended to recognize and reward a very special type of faculty member: one who, in addition to being known for exemplary teaching, is also active in promoting exemplary university teaching in others.
Many of these individuals have participated in CLL's 'Talking About Teaching' video series - a collection of interviews in which some of McMaster's award-winning instructors share unique and illuminating ideas about teaching and learning. Links to these videos are provided here following the names of participating 3M Teaching Fellows.
McMaster's recipients are listed below.
- 2012 - Marshall Beier, Political Science - Click here for video interview
- 2012 - Sue Vajoczki, Geography & Earth Sciences - Click here for video interview
- 2009 - Nick Bontis, Business - Click Here for video interviews
- 2009 - Carolyn Eyles, Geography - Click Here for video interviews
- 2008 - Pantangi (Chari) Rangachari, Medicine - Click Here for video interviews
- 2002 - Richard Butler, Pathology and Molecular Medicine
- 2001 - Miroslav Lovric, Mathematics and Statistics - Click Here for video interviews
- 1998 - Delsworth Harnish, Pathology and Biology
- 1994 - William Coleman, Political Science
- 1993 - Philip Wood, Chemical Engineering - Click Here for video interviews
- 1991 - Richard Day, Psychology - Click Here for video interviews
- 1989 - David Humphreys, Chemistry
- 1986 - Donald Woods, Chemical Engineering
Click for more information on the 3M Teaching Fellowships Program