The President's Award for Outstanding Contributions to Teaching and Learning demonstrates the value McMaster attaches to its educational function and recognizes those who, through innovation and commitment, have significantly enhanced the quality of their students' learning experience.
Each President's Award for Outstanding Contributions to Teaching and Learning recognizes the contributions of an individual to education through innovation, continued excellence in teaching, and enhanced student learning. It is an award that recognizes achievement over time and accordingly more weight will be given to evidence of continuing effort and outstanding contributions over a period of years. All full-time and part-time faculty and staff (including those on contract) who contribute to teaching and learning at McMaster are eligible.
The President's Award for Outstanding Contributions to Teaching and Learning consists of:
- A citation of excellence and memento to be presented at the Spring Convocation;
- An honorarium in the amount of $5,000;
- An inscription of the recipient's name on a permanent plaque bearing the names of all previous recipients;
- Membership in McMaster's community of award-winning educators
- Review the call for nominations
- A 1-2 page nomination brief is completed by a nominator who can attest to the nominee's quality of teaching and impact on student learning. Nominators complete and submit the nomination brief to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 18, 2013.
- The selection committee will review the nomination briefs to assess the eligibility and quality of the nomination.
- By the end of January, selected nominees will be contacted by the committee and encouraged to develop and submit a complete nomination portfolio by March 15, 2013. Electronic portfolios, submitted to email@example.com, are encouraged.
For more information or assistance in preparing a nomination brief or nomination package, contact the Centre for Leadership in Learning at ext. 24540.