McMaster University is located in the City of Hamilton. Situated at the foot of the Niagara Escarpment, Hamilton is also less than an hour trip by bus, train, or car to Toronto, and boasts world-class conservation areas, cycling routes, and the largest number of water falls of any city in North America.
McMaster University, Main Campus
Located in beautiful west Hamilton, McMaster's Main Campus is bicycle and pedestrian friendly and easily accessible by municipal (HSR bus service) and GO Transit.
Start experiencing all of the exciting things that McMaster University has to offer you by taking a quick virtual tour of the campus
- Cootes Paradise – take a lunch hour hike on the most captivating environmentally significant marshland, rich with wildlife and exotic scenery.
- The Refectory Garden and Outdoor Lounge – check out this cozy outdoor seating area behind the Refectory (one of McMaster’s original buildings) overlooking a beautiful treed ravine.
- McMaster Museum of Art – housing some of the greatest art works in the world. The Museum serves as a rich resource of information in the area of visual and historical art.
- W. J. McCallion Planetarium – be amazed by the view of the stars and the great commentary by the astronomers who conduct the show. For more information on show times call (905) 525-9140 ext 27777 or visit
- McMaster Nuclear Reactor – arrange for a 30 minute group tour of the first university based research reactor in the British Commonwealth.
McMaster University, Downtown Centre
Located at 50 Main Street East, McMaster’s Downtown Centre is conveniently situated in the core of Hamilton and is very well-serviced by local transit and all out-of-town buses that arrive and depart from Hamilton's GO Centre.
- Food – Hospitality Services provides exciting, health foods by offering 16 dining outlets on campus.
- Union Market is located in the room 110 of the McMaster University Student Centre (MUSC) – an old fashioned style general store with an extensive line of grocery and hygiene products to meet all of your needs. In addition, a portrait studio, ice cream stand, Design and Copy Centre and Travel Cuts are located in the Student Centre.
- Titles Bookstore is located in the basement of Gilmour Hall and features an extensive general book and magazine selection, crested fashion clothing, giftware and stationary. In addition, you’ll find all the electronic hardware, software and peripherals you could ever need.
- The campus Post Office is located in Titles and hours of operation are Monday to Friday 9:00am to 4:00pm.
- A florist, pharmacy, hairdresser, print shop, gift store and travel agency are among the many shops conveniently located within the Health Sciences Centre.
Choose from the following four libraries with internet access to meet your needs: