The Educational Consultants at the CLL are able to work with individual instructors, departments, or other groups who are directly involved with teaching and learning at McMaster. Whether you’d like to try something new in one of your classes, to discuss a particular teaching issue, or to initiate a teaching and learning research project, we’ll be happy to provide personalized assistance.
We provide consulting assistance with:
- Course design or re-design
- Lab, tutorial, or assignment design or re-design
- Getting started with teaching a new course
- Responding to teaching and learning issues that arise in your course (e.g., academic dishonesty, difficult students, student evaluation, and surprising test results).
- Working with teaching assistants
- Assembling a teaching dossier (for tenure and promotion, award nominations, etc).
- Developing and conducting a teaching and learning research project
- Program design or re-design
- Curriculum mapping
- Effective teaching in your discipline
- Responding to discipline-specific teaching challenges
- Departmental workshops for your faculty, staff, and/or TAs on teaching/learning topics that relate to your discipline (e.g. effective assessments, active learning techniques, facilitation skills)
- Introducing course and program innovations (e.g. designing/re-designing assignments, incorporating self-directed learning).
- Introducing university-wide teaching and learning initiatives.
- Introducing technology into teaching and learning.
How to get involved
The Educational Consultants at CLL are here to help you. To book a consultation, contact CLL at email@example.com or 905-525-9140 ext 24540.